Huwebes, Oktubre 20, 2016

Best Taiwanese Actress Ariel Lin



The phenomenon of Meteor Garden made ways to introduce Taiwanese stars and dramas in the Philippines. However it’s Ariel Lin who keeps me watching series from Taiwan up to now.  IMHO, her acting prowess transcends and she's  one of the, if not, the Best Taiwanese Actress.  





Although aired more than three years ago, it’s only recently that I had an opportunity to watch Prince Lan Ling starring William Feng or Feng Shao Feng (in the titular role), Ariel, and Daniel Chan (Emperor Yuwen Yong). It’s a C-Drama pala, but had multi-racial lead stars. Daniel is a Hong Kong singer-actor and William is a Chinese drama artist. George Hu (Prince of An De) is like Ariel, a Taiwanese star.  I will write separate post for my review for this show, but I want to inform you that Ariel gave touching performance here. I almost cried (which is very rare) in the scenes when Yang Xue Wu (Ariel) felt neglected by her beloved husband and had to pick between her grandmother and  Prince Lan Ling Wang.
                                   
It’s almost the same feeling, I had when I watched They Kiss Again episode 11.  The feeling that you could relate to her suffering although you’re totally different from the character she's portraying. I also admit that when I watch other foreign series I often find it hard to understand impacts or messages of shows because of the barriers (culture, expression, etc.) However, with Ariel effective portrayals those barriers gone.  I will rewrite one by one my old reviews, but to inform you I already saw It Started With A Kiss , Love or Bread,  Love Contract ( with Mike He), Fairy from Wonderland (with Hu Ge) and Tokyo Juliet (Wu Chun).

It Started With a Kiss, the first sequel of They Kiss Again, catapulted Ariel to stardom. For me, this series is also one of the best TV shows based on manga in terms of directorial interpretation, script, and acting.  ITWK also established Ariel’s tandem with Joe Cheng. Until now, their fans clamor for their new collaborations after their last one - Love or Bread. Although to be honest, I don’t like that drama. I will elaborate why, soon, on my post about that show.

On the other hand, I don’t see In Time With You yetI am excited to watch this drama because this is the reason why Ariel got her second Golden Bell Best Actress Award.  Furthermore, I already saw her other projects with Bolin Chen (her leading man in this series) – Love Sick and Go Lala Go! 2.  The latter film also made a way to pair her again with Vic Zhou (of F4).  "Again" because Ariel Lin already worked with Vic in his Make a Wish music video (2002).

                                     

Trivia you might not know that I know:

  •          If only there were no problems happened on Skip Beat project, Ariel was supposedly top billed it with Jerry Yan (yes of F4). They were the original choices, but soon Jerry left the project. And after another production delay Ariel also followed him.  In replace of Skip Beat, she accepted In Time With You which became a top rated and award-winning show. If she didn't drop out Skip Beat (aka Extravagant Challenge), perhaps she would work again with Super Junior members Si Won and Donghae.


  •          If not for a TV show, at least Ariel worked with them  through her Firefly music video


  •       I am not totally sure, but there was a time that Ariel allegedly made a statement that she wanted to have a break or stop acting. This came after she rumoredly had a serious health concern, heart break, and toxic schedule.  Thank God she overcomes her personal struggles and continue to work. She’s indeed a precious jewel of Taiwan’s Entertainment Industry


  •      I also read somewhere (here? if you want to dig more) that she had an issue with Mike He and they supposedly to collaborate again after Love Contract (possibly Devil Beside You, but some forums suggest it’s Why Why Love). As we all know. the last two shows emerged fine thanks to He’s hit love team with Rainie Yang.  Rainie Yang and Ariel are good friends in real life, while Mike and Ariel’s perennial love team Joe Cheng are buddies. This issue remain just rumors, because Ariel's camp never clarified nor say something about. Sorry, but it’s my wish that Ariel and Mike will have another project someday.  They have good rapport in Love Contract, it’s just that show had too tragic to bear story.



  •          Besides her acting stints, I admire how Ariel value her education. I like the idea that she had out of the box college course (Korean Major) and received Master of Arts (MA) in Acting from University of London.  



Anyhow, I am happy for Ariel’s love life and may her wishes come true , baby? More shows and movies! 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento